Monday, October 4, 2010

My Duvet Cover

I wanted to show off a duvet cover I made last week. I really didn't follow any directions. I just saw a couple of instructions off and on through the years and improvised.




Here is the cover that I used







I sewed on ribbon that I just picked out of
my sewing box.  It doesn't really matter if it
matches.  It will be on the inside to tie
it together.




Here is one of the corners
of the blanket.







These are the sheets.
With my inexperience
of sewing I bought
two full size sheets
at Walmart for
$12.00 total.
I recommend buying
twin sheets next time.









I bought these buttons
in a three pack for
around $4.00
at Walmart.



Made my button outline which took me all day to
learn how to sew a button hole in something.






Finally figured it out. After
many seam rippings.









After I sewed the buttons on
I sewed ribbons on the 4 corners
of the sheet that was sewn together
on 3 sides.







Then I tied the ribbons all together









And here is the finished
product.












1 comment:

  1. Cool! :D Nice job... I'm so excited that you are finally blogging more!!! :D

    ...can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete