Tuesday, September 1, 2009


It is amazing how fast they grow. I just love everything about being a mom. How peaceful she seems just laying there in the afternoon amongst all the chaos. I remember when she was born. It seemed like yesterday. Time flies.
It seems sometimes that it goes to fast. That I am on this rollarcoaster with no brakes. That I can't stop it so I have to ride it out. How can One's heart feel so much happiness and so much sadness at the same time? Longing to capture every moment, not to take anything for granted. She brought me some roses from outside the other day and said "Here mommy I picked you some flowers." Those were the sweetest words adorned with "I Love You Mommy." God's greatest gift to me. I spend everyday keeping my head above water. Feeling like if I let go that I will sink. That everything will become further away from getting done. That the laundry will get too high, that the dishes will run away by themselves, that those letters will never be mailed, that dinner will be late, that the pictures will never make it into the scrapbooks, that I won't be able to get back to the top. Then just as I feel as though I can't tred any longer that I feel that I have used my last bit of energy, the you know that feeling of " How can I give anymore feeling"
The Savior reaches down and takes my hand and saves me.
I will remember to take the "Here are some flowers" moments and cherish them. To spend time where it matters.


















1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet Jo. Thanks for posting!

    This post reminds me that there is so much to do in everyone's lives, not just my own... but the really important things are the things that you can’t even put on a calendar, and find their way into our lives by accident.

    They are so subtle that if you aren’t watching, you’ll miss them.

    These are the things that make the dishes piled high at the end of a day look like tokens of success, instead of messes, because somehow, they didn’t pull you away from what really mattered!

    ReplyDelete